Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Loose Tooth

I realized that I have been terrible at keeping up with this blog. I keep thinking that I need to do fancy posts with pictures in order of what we've been doing. Obviously I have not been very good at this though. The kids do so many funny things, and I don't want to forget them. I think I'll put the stories up as they happen and then fill in pictures later!

Today, Drew has one of his best friends, Lia, over to play. These two are quite a pair! Lia has her first loose tooth, and they are both so excited about it! Drew immediately gave her an apple and told her to keep biting it so the tooth would get looser.

The kids were playing upstairs, and then Drew ran downstairs, almost panicked, and said Lia's tooth almost fell out! (In reality, her tooth is loose, but not "falling out" loose!) They then found a tooth pick (I've never heard of a tooth pick being a losing tooth tool!) and headed back upstairs. I overheard Drew tell her, "Lia, we need to go into the bathroom over the sink. When your tooth falls out, there will be a lot of blood, so you need to be over the sink!"

After a few minutes they came downstairs looking sad. Here is our conversation:
Drew- "Mom, is there anything I can do to help Lia lose her tooth? Could I tie a string to a door and then to her tooth and slam the door?!"
Me-"No! Don't worry Lia. Just keep wiggling your tooth, and it will come out when it's ready. Sometimes it takes time for a tooth to come out."
Drew (as they walk out of the room)- "Ok Lia. We'll just wait for an hour, or maybe a little less, and then it will be ready to come out!"
I think we need to work on learning patience and the concept of time!

I love listening to the conversations between these kids!

No comments: